Simple CrespellesFrom notquitevegan 3 years ago
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup orange juice, or club soda, or in a real pinch, plain water shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted, or 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (or 1 tablespoon white, light or dark rum, brandy, cognac, grappa, Amaretto, or Frangelico) shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- Optional Flavorings shopping list
- A few dashes of cinnamon and/or nutmeg; grated orange, lemon or tangerine zest shopping list
How to make it
- Place all of the ingredients except the flour in a blender and whirl briefly to combine them. Add the flour and blend until you have a silky-smooth, velvety consistency. You may have to stop once and scrape any flour that sticks to the sides of the blender. Let the batter sit for a few minutes; any lumps will float to the top and can be re-blended, removed or strained out.
- Preheat and grease a 8- or 10-inch nonstick or cast iron sauté pan, or a crepe pan if you have one. Add enough batter to the pan and quickly swirl it around and to evenly coat the bottom of the pan; if it is too difficult to swirl the batter, thin it out with a bit of water or orange juice. (You’ll get a better sense of how much batter to use after making the first one). Place the pan back over the heat; when the edges have started to turn golden, loosen the crespelle with a small offset spatula or a butter knife and flip it with your fingers to cook the other side for another 30 seconds or so. Repeat with remaining batter.
- You can fill and serve the crespelle up as you go, or make an entire batch, layering them between sheets of parchment paper, keeping them warm in a low oven. Fill them as desired and dust with powdered sugar.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- notquitevegan Waukesha, WI
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooknotquitevegan Waukesha, WI
- Not added to any groups yet!