Chocolate Walnut Goodness CookiesFrom zoeza 7 years ago
- * 3 Tbs. canola oil shopping list
- * 2 cups walnuts shopping list
- * 3/4 to 1 cup light brown sugar (depends on how sweet you like) shopping list
- * 2 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- * 1½ cups oat flour shopping list
- * 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- * 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- * ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- * 2 cups rolled oats shopping list
- * 3 3.5-oz. bars bittersweet (vegan) chocolate, chopped, or 1½ cups (vegan) chocolate chips (12 oz.) or 3/4 cup chocolate chips & 3/4 cup black currants. shopping list
How to make it
- Blend walnuts in food processor 30 seconds, or until ground into a fine meal. Add canola oil, and blend 2 to 3 minutes more, or until mixture has the consistency of natural peanut butter, scraping down sides of food processor occasionally. Transfer to bowl.
- Whisk together brown sugar and ½ cup water in small saucepan, and bring mixture to a boil. Pour brown sugar mixture over ground walnut butter, add vanilla extract, and stir until no lumps remain.
- Whisk together oat flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in separate bowl. Stir oat flour mixture into walnut mixture. Cool 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. grease 2 baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- After cooling fold oats and chocolate chips in mixture
- Shape cookie dough into 2-inch balls, and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Flatten cookies with bottom of drinking glass dipped in water. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until cookies begin to brown and tops look dry.
- Cool 3 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
The Cookzoeza Amsterdam, NL
- Not added to any groups yet!