Peach and Tomato GazpachoFrom darbar 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 lb tomatoes, chopped (4 cups) shopping list
- 1 lb peaches, pitted and chopped (2 cups) shopping list
- 1/4 cup crushed ice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot (1 medium) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Purée two thirds of tomatoes and half of peaches with ice, shallot, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 2 teaspoons tarragon, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a blender until very smooth, about 1 minute. Force through a medium-mesh sieve into a large glass measure, discarding solids. Stir in water to desired consistency.
- Toss together remaining tomatoes and peaches with remaining tablespoon oil, remaining 1/2 tablespoon vinegar, remaining teaspoon tarragon, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper in a bowl. Serve soup in bowls topped with tomato peach salsa.