Quesadillas Con QuesoFrom windy1950 6 years ago
- 8 - 10 slices bacon shopping list
- 1 large onion, finely diced shopping list
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheese (your choice... Cheddar & Jack are good) shopping list
- cooking oil shopping list
- 6 (8-10 inch) flour tortillas shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
- salsa, heat of your choice shopping list
- guacamole shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a large frying pan, cook the bacon until crisp; remove from pan and crumble, setting aside in a medium size dish. In the same pan, fry the onion and mushrooms, remove from pan with a slotted spoon and combine with the bacon. Roughly divide into three portions.
- Now for the fun...
- 2. Wipe out the frying pan and set over medium heat. Preheat oven to 200F deg. Have everything at the ready, including a large baking sheet or jelly roll pan, because tortillas can burn rather quickly.
- 3. Spray the frying pan with nonstick spray, and put a tortilla in the pan for a few seconds. Allow to brown slightly, and turn with a spatula. Setting the frypan off the burner for a moment while assembling the quesadilla, place this tortilla on the baking sheet, and spread on some of the onion/mushroom/bacon mixture; sprinkle with one third of the shredded cheese.
- 4. Now spray the pan again, and add another tortilla, browning on both sides; lay this one on top of the other filled tortilla. Set in the oven to keep warm while assembling other quesadillas.
- 5. Repeat with remaining tortillas; when finished filling, keep in the oven until ready to serve.
- 6. When ready to eat, cut each quesadilla into six wedges.
- SUGGESTED SIDES: Sour cream, salsa, guacamole, pico de gallo.
- SUGGESTED GO WITH: Spanish Rice, Refried Beans