Crock Pot Lima Beans Butt RippersFrom johnlsenn 6 years ago
How to make it
- Rinse and soak Lima Beans in cold water overnight. They will swell a little so use plenty of water. I usually soak them for at least 12 hours even though the directions usually say around 8 hours.
- Drain the following morning and replace with fresh water. Be careful not to toss the beans too much as the husk will start coming off.
- Wash off the Ham Hocks and place in crock pot.
- Fill the crock pot with water, covering the Ham Hocks.
- Cut the onion in half and chop coarsely.
- Add onion to the pot.
- Add salt.
- Cook on high for at least 3 hours.
- Add juice from Tomatoes
- Crush Tomatoes in the can and then add to pot
- Add Black Pepper
- Cook for another hour
- Drain the Lima Beans and add to the pot
- Add can of Tomato Sauce
- Coarsely chop the remainder of the onion and add to the pot.
- Continue cooking for at least 2 more hours
- Turn the pot to low and go at least 2 more hours
- Check to see if the beans are cooked completely with no crunchiness. If so, they are done.
- Best with fried corn bread, freshly sliced tomato and onion.
- If serving to friends, serve on a Friday or Saturday and advise to keep extra underwear on hand for a day or two (in case of accidents).
- If serving to someone you don't like, serve on Sundays, offer extra helpings, and forget to mention the underwear.
- Little boys will love this meal when told the after effects.
- Ventilate home well for the next two days.
The Cookjohnlsenn Florence, AZ
- Not added to any groups yet!