CornbreadFrom theafricanqueen 4 years ago
- 1 c flour shopping list
- 1/3 c cornmeal shopping list
- 1/3 c corn flour shopping list
- 1/3 c masa harina shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey shopping list
- 1/3 c sour cream shopping list
- 2/3 c mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/3 c whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together dry ingredients (I use only non enriched flour).
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- Mix together melted butter with wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix to combine.
- Put the other tablespoon of butter in a Dutch oven and melt in the oven.
- Add the batter to the melted butter in the Dutch oven. The batter will be quite thick, so just spread it around the pan with the spoon until you get it relatively even. The butter will come up over the sides of the batter, but it bakes right it so not to worry.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Note: you can use a regular 9 x 9 baking dish if you don't have a Dutch oven.