Tortas de CamaronFrom sharebear1 7 years ago
- 1 Pkg shrimp Powder (about 4-5 tablespoons) shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- oil to fry (about 1 cup) shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 2 Chile Anchos (stems & seeds removed) shopping list
- 1/2 white onion shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves shopping list
- 1-1/2 chicken cubes shopping list
- 1 Jar nopales (rinsed and drained) shopping list
- cilantro (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In bowl of warm/hot water soak the chile anchos until tender. About 20 minutes
- 2. Place oil in pan and heat. Stir eggs w/fork to combine the whites and yolk. Add the shrimp mixture and stir again.
- 3. When oil is hot pour egg mixture into small circles about 2" in diameter and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- 4. Place chilies, onion, garlic and water into blender. Blend until smooth. You may need to add more water, you want it to be a soup consistency. Then pour this mixture into a pot, add chicken cubes and turn heat to medium.
- 5. As the patties are getting done place them aside on a plate. Once they are all done frying, add them to the mixture of chile sauce.
- 6. Cook about 5 minutes, then add the nopales. Then reduce heat to low and cook 5 more minutes and remove from heat.
- 7. You may serve this with rice and tortillas (also some like to top it with cilantro), or I just eat it like a soup!
The Cooksharebear1 Coon Rapids, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!