chocolate cakeFrom jasnam 6 years ago
- 125g butter shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence shopping list
- 2 eggs , lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup self raising flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup coco powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda shopping list
- 1 cup fresh milk shopping list
- For the chocolate fudge icing shopping list
- makes 350 g shopping list
- 50g squares plain chocolate shopping list
- 225g icing sugar sifted shopping list
- 50g butter or margarine shopping list
- 3 tbsp milk or single cream shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla essence shopping list
How to make it
- Place butter ,sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl an beat until light and fluffy .Gradually beat in egg
- Sift flour ,cocoa powder and bicarbonate of soda together into a bowl. Fold flour mixture and milk alternately into egg mixture .
- Pour mixture into a greased and line 18cm/7in-square tin and bake for 40 minute-45minute or until cake is cooked when tested with skewer .stand cake in tin for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool
- For the fudge icing
- Break or chop the chocolate into small pieces .Put the chocolate ,icing sugar ,butter,milk and vanilla essence in a heavy -base saucepan...u can use the double boil also.
- Stir over a very low heat until the chocolate and butter melt .Remove from the heat and stir until evenly blended
- Beat the icing frequently as it cools until it thickens sufficiently to use for spreading or piping .Use immediately and work quickly once it has reached the right consistency ..and decorate it as you like...