Beef Brown Rice and Feta CasseroleFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 6 dried mushrooms shopping list
- 2 cups cooked brown rice shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups cooked beef chunks shopping list
- 3 ounces crumbled feta cheese shopping list
- 6 pitted black olives shopping list
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 chopped white onion shopping list
- 1 tablespoon oil shopping list
- 1-1/2 cup canned tomatoes shopping list
- 1 minced garlic clove shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Put dried mushrooms in 1/2 cup hot water and let stand 20 minutes.
- Sauté onion in oil slowly for 5 minutes then add tomatoes and garlic.
- Cook gently uncovered for 10 minutes then season with black pepper.
- Add dried mushrooms cut in quarters with tough stems removed and mushroom soaking liquid.
- Cook another 5 minutes then preheat oven to 400.
- Line bottom of casserole dish with 1 cup of the rice.
- Add cooked beef and strew over the top the feta cheese, olives and half the sauce.
- Add remaining rice and rest of the sauce then sprinkle with parmesan and bake 20 minutes.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!