Crawfish EtouffeeFrom cliff 5 years ago
- 1 pound of fresh or frozen, peeled and cooked crawfish tails. (You can get them at Walmart) shopping list
- 1/4 cup of flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup of butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (1 cup) shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green sweet bell peppers shopping list
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup of water shopping list
- 1/2 cup of sliced green onions shopping list
- 1/4 cup of snipped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of ground red pepper (cayenne) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper shopping list
- hot cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- In a 3 quart saucepan stir together the flour and 1/4 cup of butter until smooth.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook and stir for another 5-8 minutes or until roux has turned a brownish red.
- Add onion, celery, sweet pepper and garlic to sauce pan and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Now add 1 tablespoon of butter, stir until melted.
- Stir in water, green onions, parsley, salt, pepper and the ground red pepper (cayenne).
- Bring to a boil.
- Add crawfish.
- Return to boil, reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered for another 10-12 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.
- Garnish with parley if desired.