Halibut with White Peppercorn SauceFrom chefmeow 4 years ago
- 4 halibut fillets shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon white peppercorns crushed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 shallot finely minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup fish broth or clam juice shopping list
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- Fresh scallions chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pat halibut dry with paper towels then sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
- Crush or grind peppercorns coarsely and pat them into both sides of the fish.
- Heat oil in large skillet until hot then sauté fish until lightly browned on one side.
- Turn fish and brown the other side and remove from pan to shallow baking dish.
- Place in oven for 6 more minutes.
- Meanwhile add butter and shallots to the pan and cook for two minutes until shallots are soft.
- Add wine and broth then reduce liquids by half.
- Whisk in cream and continue to heat gently to reduce it a bit.
- Place a pool of the sauce on warm serving plates then arrange fish over sauce.
- Garnish with more sauce and chopped green onions.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- chefmeow Garland, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!