Potato Beef and Peanut PotFrom davidadby 6 years ago
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 5 tbsp butter shopping list
- 450g lean steak, cut into strips shopping list
- 1 onion, halved and sliced shopping list
- 2 - 4 garlic cloves, crushed shopping list
- 600g waxy potatoes, cubed shopping list
- 1 tsp paprika shopping list
- 4 tbsp crunchy peanut butter shopping list
- 600ml beef stock shopping list
- 4 tbsp unsalted peanuts (optional) shopping list
- 2 tsp light soya sauce shopping list
- 55gm sugar snap peas shopping list
- 1 red pepper, remove seeds and cut into strips shopping list
- a couple of sprigs of parsley to garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan. (POSH PEOPLE MIGHT WANT TO USE A FLAME PROOF CASSEROLE DISH)
- Add the steak strips and fry them gently, stirring and turning the meat until sealed on all sides. about 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic to the meat and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the potato cubes and cook for 3 - 4 minutes, they should start to brown.
- Stir in the paprika and peanut butter, then gradually stir in the stock. Bring the mixture to the boil, stirring frequently.
- Add the peanuts (optional, I find that the soft and tender dish is spoilt by hard peanuts, but my wife and friends love them)
- Add the soy sauce, sugar snap peas and pepper.
- Cover and cook over a low heat for 45 minutes or until the beef is cooked right through.
- Throw in the parsley sprigs and enjoy.
The Cookdavidadby Reading, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!