Lentil Tomato SoupFrom ttaaccoo 4 years ago
- 3 Tablespoons oil (2 tsp for me) shopping list
- 2 large onions chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon rosemary shopping list
- garlic cloves 2 or 3, crushed shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups stock (any kind) shopping list
- 8 oz lentils, cooked (I add 2 cups cooked) shopping list
- 1 carrot (2 or 3 for me) shopping list
- 1 celery (more for me) shopping list
- (2 bouillon cubes, my tweak) shopping list
- 14.5 oz canned tomatoes shopping list
- 1 pn -a pinch?--. arame seaweed (not me) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon miso shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- (amchur aka dried mango powder 1-2 teaspoons) to taste shopping list
- (bell peppers, chard, baby bok choy , etc. delish in this dish!) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a soup pot, and add the chopped onions and garlic and rosemary and saute 'til onions are soft. Add the stock, cooked lentils, carrot celery tomatoes, boullion cubes, and seaweed and simmer the covered pot. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the miso and cumin and blend together well. Stir into the soup after its' cooktime.
- This soup is better the next day~kinda like spaghetti sauce.