Crab Cakes With Piquillo Pepper AioliFrom sosousme 4 years ago
- 1 pound lump meat crab, double checked for shells shopping list
- 3 roasted piquillo peppers, fine dice (or you could use roasted red peppers) shopping list
- 3 green onions, white and green part, fine dice shopping list
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced shopping list
- 1 tender stalk celery, finely diced (use an inside stalk) shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Italian leaf parsley shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use Best Foods reduced fat) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seafood seasoning shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs (about) shopping list
- A neutral oil for frying (I use grapeseed oil) shopping list
- For the Aioli shopping list
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (same as above) shopping list
- 3 piquillo peppers, diced (or same as above) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley shopping list
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Put the crab in a large bowl. Add the chopped vegetables and mix lightly to distribute. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire and old bay, mix to combine (use a light hand so the crab stays in nice pieces); add about 1/2 cup of the panko and mix. The mixture should just hold together. Using a 1/3 cup measure, make patties, pressing lightly to make sure they hold and then turn them in the remaining panko crumbs to cover. Place on a sheet pan and refrigerate for about an hour.
- While the crab cakes are "resting" make the aioli. In a small blender, food processor or other whirling around thing, place all the aioli ingredients and pulse until mostly smooth but still with some texture.
- Heat neutral oil in a frying pan to a depth of about 1/4 inch. Add the crab cakes and cook until browned on one side, turn carefully and cook the other side until browned, crisp and hot throughout. Serve with a dollop of aioli.
- LindySez: If making as a first course you can make them smaller.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!