Caraway Beef RoastFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 1 beef rump or chuck roast (3 lbs) shopping list
- 3 tbs vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 c hot water shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp beef bouillon granules shopping list
- 1/4 c ketchup shopping list
- 1 Tbs dried, minced onion shopping list
- 1 Tbs worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp caraway seeds shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 Tbs flour shopping list
- 1/4 c water shopping list
How to make it
- In Dutch oven over med. heat,brown roast in oil on all sides;drain
- In small bowl,combine hot water and bouillon;add ketchup,onion,Worcestershire,caraway,salt and pepper. Pour over roast. Add bayleaves.
- Cover and bake at 325 for 3 hours or till tender. Remove roast to serving platter;keep warm.
- In small bowl,combine flour and water until smooth. Stir in pan juices;bring to boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 mins or till thickened,adding additional wayer if necessary. Discard bay leaves. Serve with cooked potatoes and carrots,if desired
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating2 people
Hay Pleclare: Do I cook the sucker? I think we all get caught out putting something that is simple for us to do on paper for others to do. RJelgourmand in Apia loved it
This is a nice recipe and the roast will be delicious. Cooking makes all the difference and it's a 5 forks. RJelgourmand in Apia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!