Cream of Modified Broccoli SoupFrom jackp45 6 years ago
- 3 parsnips shopping list
- 1/2 bell pepper shopping list
- 1 Medium onion shopping list
- 1 Tbs curry powder shopping list
- 1/2 Tbs butter shopping list
- 1/2 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 jalapeno shopping list
- 2-3 Cups chicken or vegetable broth shopping list
- 1-2 Cups broccoli (1-2 stalks) shopping list
- 1 Cup Cream, Half & Half or substitute shopping list
How to make it
- Clean Core and Dice the Parsnips, Bell Pepper and Onion.
- Peel the broccoli stalks and slice the stems to bite-size pieces.
- Parboil broccoli for 1-2 minutes (crunchy) or 3-4 minutes (softer), drain and cool under cold water.
- Build a mirepoix of the parsnips, pepper and onion and sweat in the butter/oil over medium low heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and 1 Tablespoon of Curry powder.
- (Add the Jalapeno at this point for more bite)
- Once the vegetables are somewhat softened, pour in the stock and heat through over medium heat.
- Pulse with an immersion blender to creamy texture.
- Rough chop the cooled broccoli bits and add to the stock.
- Add 1 Cup Cream (or appropriate substitute) and blend briefly with the immersion blender (no whipped cream, please!).
- Plate and serve.
The Cookjackp45 Jamison, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!