Chicken Enchilada CasseroleFrom ozsmom 7 years ago
- 1 tsp oil shopping list
- 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1/2 cup rice shopping list
- 1 cup salsa shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, cubed shopping list
- 1 cup frozen corn shopping list
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed, drained shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese;divided shopping list
- 1 pkg large flour tortillas shopping list
- Extra salsa, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet, add chicken and cook over medium-high heat 4 to 6 minutes, stirring constantly, until chicken begins to brown.
- Sprinkle with cumin.
- Add water and salsa.
- Bring to a boil and stir in rice; reduce heat to low.
- Cover; cook 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir cream cheese into chicken mixture until well blended.
- Stir in corn and beans.
- Place 1 tortilla in a pieplate.
- Top with 3/4 cup chicken mixture; sprinkle with 2 tbsp of the shredded cheese.
- Repeat until all remaining tortillas have been used. times.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until mixture is hot and cheese is melted.
- Serve with additional salsa if desired.