Orecchiette with Bacon and Tomato SauceFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 1 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 4 slices bacon,cut in 1/2" pieces shopping list
- 1 med red onion,halved and thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves,minced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp red-pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 can (28oz) whole peeled tomatoes shopping list
- coarse salt and ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 lb orecchiette or other short pasta shopping list
- Gated Parmesan and parsley,for serving shopping list
How to make it
- In med saucepan,heat oil over med-high. Add bacon and cook until browned and almost crisp,about 4 mins. Add onion,cook till softened,3 to 5 mins. Add garlic and red pepper -flakes and stir till fragrant,1 min. Add tomatoes,breaking them up as you go,and season with salt and pepper. Bring sauce to a boil;reduce heat to a simmer and cook till slightly reduced,15 mins.
- Meanwhile,in large pot of salteed boiling water,cook pasta 1 min less than directions. Reserve 1 c water;drain pasta and return to pot.
- Add sauce and pasta water and toss to combine;cook over med-high till sauce thickens and coats pasta,about 2 mins. Sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley and serve.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating2 people
Lovin this one! Thanks for sharing!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it