Leek and Potato SoupFrom canned_food_fan 4 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 large leek, quartered lengthwise, washed and chopped shopping list
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole potatoes, drained shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated fat-free milk shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the leek and onion. Cook and stir until the vegetables are softened but not brown, about 5 minutes. Add the broth, potatoes and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Add the milk and remove from heat.
- Purée the soup in batches in a blender or food processor. Return to the pot and, if necessary, thin with a little more milk or broth. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.
- Adapted from "Get with the Program: Guide to Good Eating!" by Bob Greene. Copyright 2003 by Bob Greene. Published by Simon & Schuster, Inc., N.Y. Reprinted by permission.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 130; Total Fat 3.5g; Saturated Fat 0.5g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 270mg; Carbohydrate 19g; Fiber 2g; Protein 8g; Vitamin A 10%DV*; Vitamin C 15%DV; Calcium 20%DV; Iron 8%DV
- *Daily Value
The Cookcanned_food_fan Pittsburgh, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!