Herb Stuffed Pork ChopsFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 1/2 c olive oil shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves,minced shopping list
- 1 slice hearty white sandwich bread,toasted and torn in pieces shopping list
- 1/2 c chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 3/4 c shredded Fontina cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 4 boneless pork chops,about 1" thick shopping list
How to make it
- Adjust oven rack to upper middle position,place rimmed baking sheet on rack and heat oven to475 degrees. Combine oil and garlic in bowl. Pulse bread,parsley,thyme,fontina,1/4 tsp salt,1/4 tsp pepper and 2 Tbs oil mixture in food processor until coarsely ground.
- Pat pork dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.Using paring knife,cut 1" opening into side of each chop to make pocket for stuffing. Spoon herb mixture into pocket and seal by threading toothpick through pork about 1/2" from the opening.
- Coat chops with remaining oil mixture and transfer to preheated baking sheet. Bake till brown and meat registers 145 degrees,12 to 15 mins,flipping halfway through cooking. Transfer to platter,tent with foil and let rest 5 mins. Serve
- Monteray Jack or Gruyere cheese can be used instead of Fontina