Curried Parsnip SoupFrom rescue_ranger 6 years ago
- 2 sticks of butter shopping list
- 1 cup) chopped onion shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, crushed shopping list
- 15 ozs parsnip, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. curry powder shopping list
- 2 pints chicken stock or vegetable stock shopping list
- 2 cups of 1/2 &1/2 shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan, add the onion, garlic and parsnip, season with salt and freshly ground pepper, toss until well coated.
- Cover and cook on a gentle heat until soft and tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and curry powder and gradually incorporate the hot chicken stock.
- Simmer until the parsnip is fully cooked, liquidize, taste and correct the seasoning, add cream to taste.
- Serve with crispy croutons and sprinkle with finely chopped chives or parsley.
The Cookrescue_ranger New Baltimore, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!