Over Easy Fried Eggs And ToastFrom windy1950 5 years ago
How to make it
- Toast the bread; butter two slices and set on the serving plate next to each other. Butter the other two slices and cut in half diagonally, setting two stacked half-slices on either side of the uncut slices.
- While toasting the bread, melt 2 Tbsps of butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. When sizzling, scoot the pan off of the burner and crack the eggs into it, taking care not to break the yokes.
- Reduce the heat slightly, and set the pan back onto the burner; cook the eggs until the whites are white (no longer clear), and NOT brown around the edges.* Gently flip the eggs; immediately set the pan off the burner. The heat from the pan will finish cooking the eggs, and after about a minute, you can take a spatula and place the eggs on top of the uncut slices of toast.
- Season the eggs to your liking and enjoy!!
- NOTE: My personal preference for the eggs in this recipe is for “sunny-side-up”, because I like to dip my toast in the egg yolk. To cook them in this style, at the “ * ” in Step 3, DO NOT FLIP THE EGGS, but do put a lid on the pan and set off the burner. Continue with the balance of the recipe.