Glazed Chicken with baby carrots and red potatoesFrom andiecooks 4 years ago
- 5 lb, roasting chicken shopping list
- 1 lb. baby carrots shopping list
- 1 lb. red potatoes scrubbed, skin on(cut in half if they are larger) shopping list
- for the glaze: shopping list
- 1/2 c. butter, melted shopping list
- 1/4 c. onion, minced shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne or use 1-2 tsps. curry if you prefer shopping list
- 1/2 c. chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 c. honey shopping list
- 1 tblsp. lemon juice shopping list
- 2-3 tblsp. Dijon mustard shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325
- Rinse and dry chicken, place in 13x9" baking dish
- in medium glass bowl mix glaze ingredients really well
- lift skin over the breast of the chicken, and use your baster to put about 1/2 cup of the glaze under the skin, cover with foil, roast for about an hour.
- remove from oven, place your carrots and potatoes in the dish
- pour remaining glaze over the veggies and chicken
- replace foil, put back in oven
- after 30 min, stir the veggies, remove foil, back into the oven for the remaining time.
- remove from oven, let stand about 10 minutes, and enjoy.
- * the sugar in the honey may blacken, don't worry it's not burned.