Asian Barbecued Pork SpareribsFrom littlesponger 3 years ago
- 3 pounds pork spareribs shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, chopped shopping list
- 1/3 cup dark soy sauce shopping list
- 2 fresh red chilies, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon tamarind soup base shopping list
- 1-2 Tablespoons dark brown sugar shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons peanut oil shopping list
- salt & freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Wipe the pork ribs and place them in a work or wide frying pan.
- Blend soy sauce with chopped onion, garlic, ginger roots, chilies together in a food processor.
- When it turns to a paste, add the tamarind soup base, brown sugar, oil and seasoning to the onion mixture and mix well together.
- Pour the sauce over the ribs and toss well to coat.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer, uncovered and stirring frequently, for 30 minutes. Add extra water if necessary.
- Put the ribs on a barbeque grill or in the oven at 400 degree.
- continue cooking until the ribs are tender about 15-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the ribs.
- Baste the ribs with the sauce and turn them over from time to time.
- Serve the ribs with rice and stir fried vegetable or salad.