Amygdalota Sifneika Lenten Greek Almond CookiesFrom hopscotch 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 pound shelled almonds, bleached, dried well, and finely ground in a food processor (about 2 1/2 cups ground) shopping list
- 1 1/2-2 c granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 c water shopping list
- 1-2 tbs orange flower water, plus more to wet fingers as you shape the biscuits shopping list
- confectioners' sugar, for sprinkling shopping list
How to make it
- In a large heavy pot, heat the ground almonds, sugar, water, and orange flower water.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture no longer sticks to the bottom and sides of the pan, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then wetting your fingers with orange flower water, take tablespoonfuls and shape the biscuits to form small pears about 11/2 inches high.
- http://www.prosphora.org/page20.html#Amygdalota Sifneika (Lenten Greek Almond Cookies)
- Keep the mixture covered while you work because it dries out quickly.
- Sprinkle the biscuits with confectioners' sugar until they are completely covered.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- hopscotch CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookhopscotch CA
- Not added to any groups yet!