Summer Beef StewFrom dancingfox 6 years ago
- 12 small red potatoes, halved shopping list
- 1 pound carrots, sliced shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into bite sized pieces shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley shopping list
- 1-2 stalks celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 small can sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 small yellow zucchini, sliced shopping list
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Place potatoes, carrots, onion, zucchini, squash, mushrooms and celery in slow cooker.
- Brown beef in butter in a separate pan.
- Remove browned beef from butter with a spoon and add to slow cooker.
- Stir flour into pan of butter until well blended.
- Gradually add water to flour mix. Boil, thicken.
- Add salt, parsley, thyme, pepper. Stir well.
- Pour mixture over beef.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8-9 hours (or High 4-5 hours).