Bourbon Brown Sugar Chicken With Garlic N SausageFrom mystic_river1 4 years ago
- 1-1/4 cups bourbon whiskey shopping list
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 6-7 lb roasting chicken shopping list
- 4 lg onions, cut into 8 wedges each shopping list
- 2 heads garlic, top 1/3 cut off shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp dried marjoram shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 12 oz pkg andouille sausage, cut into thirds shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar free apple jelly shopping list
How to make it
- In lg deep pot, combine 1 qt water w/ 1 cup whiskey, brown sugar, minced garlic and salt.
- Add chicken to mix.
- Cover, refrigerate at least 4 hrs.Preheat oven to 350. In lg roasting pan, toss together onions, garlic heads, oil, and 1/4 tsp marjoram and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Push mix to sides of pan.
- Drain chicken, discard marinade.
- Pat chicken dry w/ paper towels.
- Place chicken in center of pan, surrounding chicken w/ onion mix. Sprinkle chicken w/ remaining marjoram and pepper. Roast about 1 hr 40 min, adding sausage after 1 hr. In small pot over med-high heat, bring apple jelly and remaining 1/4 cup whiskey to boil. Reduce heat to med-low, simmer until reduced and thickened. Brush glaze over chicken during last 10 min of cook time.
- Serve chicken and sausages w/ garlic and onions.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating5 people
this is a good one mystic!andiecooks in home loved it
This has to be the BEST Chicken recipe
that I have read on this
'site' in a very long time!
Everything about it "suits me to-a-T."~
Thank-you so much for sharing~
~*~m...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it