ALMOST HANDS-FREE LEMON RISOTTO WITH CHICKEN FENNEL AND GREEN OLIVESFrom choclytcandy 4 years ago
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped green olives shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green olives shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 2 bone-in, skin-on chicken breast halves shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 large onion , chopped fine (about 1 1/2 cups) shopping list
- 1 medium fennel bulb , cored and finely chopped (about 1 cup) shopping list
- table salt shopping list
- 1 medium garlic clove , minced or pressed through a garlic press (about 1 teaspoon) shopping list
- 2 cups arborio rice shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 2 ounces grated parmesan cheese (about 1 cup) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon juice from 1 lemon shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives shopping list
- ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fennel fronds shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Bring broth and water to boil in large saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low to maintain gentle simmer.
- 2. Heat olive oil in large Dutch oven over medium heat until just starting to smoke. Add chicken, skin side down, and cook without moving until golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Flip chicken and cook second side until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Transfer chicken to saucepan of simmering broth and cook until instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 165 degrees, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to large plate.
- 3. Add 2 tablespoons butter to now empty Dutch oven set over medium heat. When butter has melted, add onion, fennel bulb, and 3/4 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring frequently, until onion is softened but not browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add rice and cook, stirring frequently, until grains are translucent around edges, about 3 minutes.
- 4. Add wine and cook, stirring constantly, until fully absorbed, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir 5 cups warm broth into rice; reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until almost all liquid has been absorbed and rice is just al dente, 16 to 18 minutes, stirring twice during cooking.
- 5. Add ¾ cup warm broth to risotto and stir gently and constantly until risotto becomes creamy, about 3 minutes. Stir in Parmesan and olives. Remove pot from heat, cover, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 6. Meanwhile, remove and discard skin and bones from chicken, and shred meat into bite-size pieces. Gently stir shredded chicken, remaining 2 tablespoons butter, lemon juice, parsley, lemon zest, fennel fronds, and chives into risotto. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If desired, add up to ½ cup additional broth to loosen texture of risotto.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!