SPICY GREEK-STYLE GARLIC-LEMON POTATOESFrom choclytcandy 5 years ago
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 4 yukon gold potatoes (medium, 7 to 8 ounces each, about 2 pounds total), peeled and cut lengthwise into 8 wedges (see illustration below) shopping list
- 2 small jalapeño chiles , cut into 1/4-inch slices (with seeds and membranes) shopping list
- 4 medium cloves garlic , minced or pressed through garlic press (about 1 heaping tablespoon) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano leaves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon table salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Note: If your potatoes are larger than the size we recommend, you may have to increase the covered cooking time by up to 4 minutes. Though a nonstick pan makes cleanup easier, it is not essential. In keeping with the bold flavors of the dish, this variation is very spicy.
- 1. Heat vegetable oil and butter in heavy-bottomed 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until butter melts and foaming subsides, swirling pan occasionally. Add potatoes in single layer; cook until golden brown (pan should sizzle but not smoke), about 6 minutes. Using tongs, turn potatoes so second cut sides are down; cook until deep golden brown on second side, about 5 minutes longer. Reduce heat to medium-low, add jalapeño chiles, cover tightly, and cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with tip of paring knife, about 5 minutes.
- 2. While potatoes cook, combine garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and zest, and oregano in small bowl. When potatoes are tender, add garlic-lemon mixture, salt, and pepper; stir carefully (so as not to break potato wedges) to distribute. Cook, uncovered, until seasoning mixture is heated through and fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle potatoes with parsley, stir gently to distribute; serve immediately.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!