GRILLED SHRIMP TOPPING FOR PIZZA WITH ROASTED TOMATOES AND FARMERS CHEESEFrom choclytcandy 7 years ago
- roasted tomatoes shopping list
- 12 medium plum tomatoes , halved lengthwise shopping list
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil shopping list
- shrimp shopping list
- 48 large unpeeled shrimp (about 2 pounds) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil , plus extra for drizzling shopping list
- 1 teaspoon hot chili powder shopping list
- 1/4 tablespoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 8 ounces farmers cheese , crumbled (about 1/2 cup) shopping list
- 2/3 cup packed cilantro leaves , minced shopping list
- 2/3 cup packed fresh parsley , minced shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Roasted Tomatoes Heat oven to 375 degrees or heat grill. If roasting tomatoes in oven, place tomato halves in a roasting pan, brush with remaining oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; roast until tomatoes are just tender, 20 to 30 minutes. If grilling, place oiled and seasoned tomatoes, cut side down, on grill; grill until marked, about 5 minutes. Turn tomatoes cut side up; grill until just tender, 7 to 10 minutes. (Can set aside at room temperature up to 6 hours ahead.)
- 2. For Shrimp: Heat grill. Toss shrimp with 3 tablespoons oil, chili powder, cayenne, and salt and pepper. Grill over medium-high heat until shrimp just turn opaque, 5 to 7 minutes. Cool slightly, peel, and set aside.
- 3. On grilled garlic-herb pizza rounds (see related recipe), arrange a portion of shrimp and tomatoes over pizza rounds. Sprinkle each with a portion of cheese, cilantro, and parsley. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and proceed with cooking.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!