Shrimp Frijole SoupFrom kittens 5 years ago
How to make it
- Melt butter in heavy 2 quart pot.
- Cook onions until they are caramelized.
- Add beans, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Add sour cream and shrimp.
- Boil gently until shrimp turns pink, approximately 20 minutes.
- Top with shredded Monterey cheese and crushed red peppers.
- The only liquid in this is what is in the can of beans and the sour cream so boil gently to cook the shrimp.***
- I fixed this the other day and when I got ready to add the shrimp I discovered I had mistakenly purchased pre-cooked shrimp instead of raw.
- I added the sour cream and then let the beans boil slowly for 5 minutes then added the half pound of pre-cooked shrimp.
- I turned the burner to low and let it set until the shrimp was heated through and it was great.