SPAGHETTI WITH FENNEL AND BREAD CRUMBSFrom choclytcandy 3 years ago
- bread Crumbs shopping list
- 1 baguette , bottom crust removed and bread sliced into 3/8-inch cubes to yield 1 cup, (or use one of the alternative methods below) shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil or melted butter shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- spaghetti and vegetables shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 3 medium onions , sliced thin shopping list
- 3 medium cloves garlic , finely chopped shopping list
- 2 bulbs fennel , sliced thin shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano leaves or 2 teaspoons dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes shopping list
- table salt shopping list
- 1 pound spaghetti shopping list
- Grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Adjust oven rack to lower center position and heat oven to 325 degrees. Mix bread crumbs with oil and salt to coat evenly. Spread in single layer on small baking sheet. Bake crumbs, stirring once after 5 minutes, until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Set aside until ready to use.
- 2. Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, fennel, oregano, pepper flakes, and salt to taste. Continue to cook over medium heat until fennel softens, 5 to 7 minutes longer.
- 3. Meanwhile, bring 1 gallon water to boil in large soup kettle. Add 1 tablespoon salt and spaghetti. Cook until spaghetti is al dente, 7 to 9 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of cooking water. Return spaghetti to kettle.
- 4. Add fennel mixture to spaghetti; toss to combine, adding enough reserved water to keep mixture moist. Adjust seasoning. Transfer portion of spaghetti to each of six pasta bowls. Sprinkle each with portion of toasted bread crumbs and top with Parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!