BREAD SALAD WITH ROASTED PEPPERS AND SICILIAN OLIVESFrom choclytcandy 5 years ago
- 1 pound Italian bread , crusts removed, cut or torn into 1-inch cubes (about 6 cups) shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper , roasted, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch strips shopping list
- 1 yellow bell pepper , roasted, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch strips shopping list
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 small red onion (or white onion), quartered and sliced thin shopping list
- 1 medium scallion , trimmed and sliced thin, including 2 inches of greens shopping list
- 3 tablespoons pitted green olives (sliced) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano leaves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Note: Sourdough or a sturdy peasant bread is needed for this salad. Airy, unsubstantial bread will become soggy very quickly.
- 1. Mix bread cubes and pepper strips in large bowl; set aside.
- 2. Mix oil, vinegar, onion, scallion, olives, oregano, salt, and pepper in medium bowl; let stand for flavors to develop, about 10 minutes. Add dressing to bread and peppers; toss to combine. If bread still seems dry, sprinkle in 1 or 2 tablespoons water to rehydrate it a bit. Serve. (If sturdy bread is used, salad can be covered and set aside up to 2 hours.)
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!