MASTER RECIPE FOR GARLIC HERB PIZZA CRUSTFrom choclytcandy 4 years ago
- 6 tablespoons virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon herbes de provence shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups water shopping list
- 1 package dry active yeast shopping list
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 cups bread flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup cornmeal shopping list
- 2 teaspoons table salt , plus extra for sprinkling shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a small skillet; add next 3 ingredients and cook over low heat until garlic softens, about 5 minutes. Cool.
- 2. Sprinkle yeast and sugar over 1/4 cup warm water and let stand unti yeast starts to swell, about 5 minutes. Mix flour, cornmeal, and salt in a food processor. Add 1 cup cool water and herb oil to yeast mixture. With machine on, gradually pour liquid into dry ingredients; process until a rough ball forms. If dough is too sticky or dry, add flour or water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Let dough rest for 5 minutes, then continue to process until dough is smooth, about 35 seconds.
- 3. Knead dough by hand a few seconds to form smooth, round ball; place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a damp cloth and let rise until dough doubles in size, about 2 hours.
- 4. Punch dough down and divide into 8 equal pieces. Roll each portion to form a smooth, round ball. Place the balls on a lightly floured surface, cover with a damp cloth, and let rest until they puff slightly, about 30 minutes.
- 5. Heat grill. Roll each dough ball into a 7-inch round, flouring work surface and dough as necessary. Place on a floured cookie sheet; sprinkle top with flour. Stack the rounds in groups of four.
- 6. Brush tops of 4 dough rounds with some of remaining olive oil, then sprinkle each with salt. Grill oil side down, covered, until dark brown grill marks appear, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Burst any bubbles that develop. Brush dough tops with oil, then flip. (If topping pizzas at this point, quickly arrange a portion of toppings over each pizza round; cover and grill until pizza bottoms are crisp and browned, 2 to 3 minutes; serve immediately and repeat process with remaining rounds.) Grill until bottoms are brown, about 2 minutes longer. Repeat with remaining dough circles. (Can cover and store at room temperature up to 6 hours.)
- 7. If topping pizzas at this point, place pizza rounds on a cookie sheet, arrange a portion of toppings over each round, and broil until toppings sizzle and cheese melts, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!