THIN CRISPY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIESFrom choclytcandy 4 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (7 1/2 ounces) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick), melted and cooled shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup shopping list
- 1 large egg yolk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips (about 4 1/2 ounces) shopping list
How to make it
- Note: The dough, en masse or shaped into balls and wrapped well, can be refrigerated up to 2 days or frozen up to 1 month. Be sure to bring it to room temperature before baking.
- 1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Sift flour, salt, and baking soda onto large sheet of parchment paper; set aside.
- 2. In bowl of standing mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat melted butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and corn syrup at low speed until thoroughly blended, about 1 minute. Add yolk, milk, and vanilla; mix until fully incorporated and smooth, about 1 minute, scraping bottom and sides of bowl with rubber spatula as necessary. With mixer running on low speed, fold up 3 edges of parchment around dry ingredients to form a pouch (see illustrations below) and slowly shake dry ingredients into bowl; mix on low speed until just combined, about 2 minutes. Do not overbeat. Add chips and mix on low speed until distributed evenly throughout batter, about 5 seconds.
- 3. Leaving about 2 inches between each ball, scoop dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets with 1 1/4-inch (1 tablespoon capacity) ice cream scoop. Bake 1 sheet at a time, until cookies are deep golden brown and flat, about 12 minutes.
- 4. Cool cookies on baking sheet 3 minutes. Using wide metal spatula, transfer cookies to wire rack and let sit until crisped and cooled to room temperature. (Can be stored in airtight container for up to 1 week.)
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!