BANANA-COCONUT BREAD WITH MACADAMIA NUTSFrom choclytcandy 4 years ago
- 1/2 cup flaked, sweetened coconut shopping list
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts shopping list
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt shopping list
- 3 very ripe bananas , soft, darkly speckled, mashed well (about 1 1/2 cups) shopping list
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt shopping list
- 2 large eggs , beaten lightly shopping list
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted and cooled shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Note: Greasing and flouring only the bottom of a regular loaf pan causes the bread to cling to the sides and rise higher. If using a nonstick loaf pan, on which the sides are very slick, grease and flour sides as well as the bottom.
- 1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Toast coconut and macadamia nuts on small cookie sheet, stirring every 2 minutes, until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Readjust oven rack to lower middle position. Grease bottom only of regular loaf pan, or grease and flour bottom and sides of nonstick 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan; set aside. Combine first four ingredients, coconut, and nuts together in large bowl; set aside.
- 2. Mix mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla with wooden spoon in medium bowl. Lightly fold banana mixture into dry ingredients with rubber spatula until just combined and batter looks thick and chunky. Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan; bake until loaf is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!