Nacho Bread PizzasFrom choclytcandy 3 years ago
- 1 loaf baguette or semolina bread, day old is fine shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped or 1 pickled hot pepper of any kind, chopped shopping list
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans shopping list
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 cup prepared salsa, any variety shopping list
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar, smoked Cheddar, Monterey Jack or pepper Jack shopping list
- 1 heart romaine or 1/2 iceberg head, shredded shopping list
- 1/2 cup green olives with or without pimiento, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 red onion or 2 to 3 scallions, chopped shopping list
- 2 plum or vine tomatoes, seeded and diced shopping list
How to make it
- Split bread lengthwise. Hollow the bread out and cut each half in half across, making 4 boats.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil, 1 turn of the pan, garlic and hot peppers. Drain beans. Add half of the beans then mash the remainder of the beans in the can using a fork. Add mashed beans to the pan and combine with whole beans. Season beans with hot sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. When the spicy beans are hot through, spread them evenly across all of the bread. Top with salsa and liberally sprinkle with cheese, covering bread to all edges. The boats will only be half-full. Melt cheese in the oven until it bubbles and begins to brown.
- Top Nacho Bread Pizzas with lettuce, olives, onions and tomatoes and serve. You can pick it up with your hands, but eat over the plate (or the kitchen sink, like me).
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!