Chicken and Sausage Sandwiches with Fried Bell PeppersFrom choclytcandy 3 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided shopping list
- 2 medium red bell peppers, seeded and sliced into thin strips shopping list
- 1 cup onion sliced into half-moons shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 pound cooked shredded chicken shopping list
- 1 cup diced chorizo, andouille, or other cooked spicy sausage shopping list
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 4 long rolls (submarine or hoagie rolls) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bell peppers and onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove the vegetables from the skillet and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the sausage and vinegar and cook for 1 minute to heat through.
- Using tongs, arrange the chicken mixture on the open rolls, top with the fried peppers and serve.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!