Stuffed Shells with Arrabbiata SauceFrom choclytcandy 6 years ago
- 12 ounces (1 box) jumbo pasta shells (approximately 36 shells) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for greasing baking sheet shopping list
- 6 ounces thinly sliced pancetta, diced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 5 cups marinara sauce shopping list
- 2 (15-ounce) containers whole milk ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups grated Parmesan shopping list
- 4 large egg yolks shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves shopping list
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint leaves shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Lightly oil a 12 by 9 by 2-inch baking dish and set aside. Lightly oil the baking sheet and set aside.
- Partially cook the pasta shells in a large pot of boiling salted water until slightly tender but still quite firm to the bite, about 4 to 6 minutes. You will continue cooking the shells in the oven after they have been stuffed. Using a slotted spoon, drain pasta shells and place on oiled baking sheet, spreading them out so that they don't stick together and allow to cool.
- Heat the oil in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the pancetta and saute until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the red pepper flakes. Add the garlic and saute until tender, about 1 minute. Add the marinara sauce. Bring the sauce to a simmer, stirring often.
- In a medium bowl, stir the ricotta, Parmesan, egg yolks, basil, parsley, mint, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spoon 1 1/4 cups of the sauce over the prepared baking dish. Fill the cooked shells with the cheese mixture, about 2 tablespoons per shell. Arrange the shells in the prepared dish. Spoon the remaining sauce over the shells, then sprinkle with the mozzarella.
- Bake in the lower third of your oven until the filling is heated through and the top is golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!