Fall-off-the-Bone Short RibsFrom choclytcandy 4 years ago
- 6 (4-ounce) beef short ribs shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil shopping list
- 1 small onion, diced shopping list
- 1 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 (14-ounce) can stewed tomatoes shopping list
- 4 cups beef stock shopping list
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme shopping list
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary shopping list
- 4 brioche buns shopping list
- Kicked Up Cole Slaw, recipe follows shopping list
- Kicked Up Cole Slaw: shopping list
- 1 (16-ounce) package shredded cole slaw mix shopping list
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin shopping list
- 2 green onion, sliced shopping list
- 1 red jalapenos, seeded and thinly sliced shopping list
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sour cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- Several dashes hot sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper shopping list
- Pinch cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt shopping list
- Pinch kosher salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Season the short ribs with salt and pepper. In a large Dutch oven or soup pot over medium-high heat, add the oil. Sear the ribs on all sides until well colored and slightly charred. Remove the ribs from pan to a plate and set aside.
- Over medium-low heat, add the onions to the Dutch oven and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the red wine and vinegar and reduce liquid by half. Stir in the tomatoes, stock and fresh herbs. Add the short ribs and cover the pot. Put in the oven and cook until meat is fork tender, about 90 minutes. Remove from oven, transfer the short ribs to a large bowl and shred the meat. Assemble the sandwiches on brioche buns with slaw. Skim the fat from the cooking liquid, strain into a serving bowl and use for dipping the sandwiches.
- Kicked Up Cole Slaw:
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients. Allow to sit in refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving. Serve on top of sandwiches.
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Ease of preparation: easy
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!