Big Bacon BurgerFrom choclytcandy 7 years ago
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and water squeezed out shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck shopping list
- 1 tablespoon oil, plus more for grill grate shopping list
- 4 slices Jack cheese shopping list
- 4 kaiser rolls, halved and toasted shopping list
- chili Mayo, recipe follows shopping list
- 8 slices crisped bacon shopping list
- Quick-Pickled onions, recipe follows shopping list
- Quick-Pickled Onions: shopping list
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 2 medium red onions, halved and sliced paper thin shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- chili Mayo: shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro leaves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, Worcestershire, egg, and salt and pepper, to taste. With a whisk, mix the ingredients until egg is broken up and incorporated. Add the meat and with your hands, mix until thoroughly combined. Shape the meat mixture into 4 even patties, to fit the size of the kaiser roll, and put a 1/4-inch slight dimple in the middle of each patty to allow it to cook evenly.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Alternately, heat a grill to medium (350 degrees F) and rub the grate with a towel dipped in oil.
- Heat the broiler on low heat.
- Add the patties to the skillet, and cook for about 4 to 6 minutes. Flip the burgers and cook another 4 to 6 minutes for medium-rare burgers. Alternately, grill the patties uncovered for 4 to 6 minutes, then flip and grill for another 4 to 6 minutes. Top each patty with a piece of cheese and put under the broiler to melt the cheese. Alternately, close the grill top, and cook until the cheese is melted.
- For the each burger, spread the bottom of the roll with 1/4 of the mayonnaise. Put the burger on the mayonnaise and top with 2 slices of the bacon and some of the onions. Cover with the top of the roll and serve.
- Quick-Pickled Onions:
- Combine all the ingredients, except the onions and bay leaf, in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved, and then bring to a boil. When the mixture comes to a boil, stir in the onion. Remove the pan from the heat and add the bay leaf. Let sit at room temperature until cool, at least 1 hour.
- Chili Mayo:
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl until evenly mixed. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!