Alyonas Shepherds PieFrom alykorobova 4 years ago
- 1/2 onion (chopped) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1/2 red bell pepper shopping list
- 6 mushrooms (sliced) shopping list
- 2 carrots (sliced) shopping list
- 2 celery sticks (sliced) shopping list
- 1/2 lb. ground beef (or any meat of your choice!) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste shopping list
- 1 cup frozen peas shopping list
- 1/2 cup frozen corn shopping list
- 6 potatoes (cut in squares) shopping list
- 1/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 Tbsp Smart Balance (or butter) shopping list
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat olive oil in the nonstick skillet. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add carrots, bell pepper, carrots, celery and mushrooms. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and let it cook on its own for a minute before mixing all together.
- Once everything is cooked add peas and corn and cook another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile peal (or just wash) potatoes and cut in square pieces.
- Boil them in salted water until soft. Drain.
- Smash them. Add sour cream and butter.
- Spoon the vegetable/meat mixture into 8x8 baking dish (if there is too much use a bigger dish!)
- Spread potatoes on top.
- Top with cheese and bake for 20 minutes at 400 F.
- Don't forget to pair this amazing dish with a healthy salad! Enjoy!