The Best Darned Peanut Butter Filling For Buckeyes Or Easter EggsFrom foodygirl1979 4 years ago
How to make it
- In a bowl, combine peanut butter and butter until totally combined; smooth and creamy. Stir in vanilla; mix well.
- Add powdered sugar a little at a time until dough-like and easy to form into balls. Depending on weather conditions, you may use more or less.
- Roll into balls and place on waxed paper lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate until firm; about 1-2 hours.
- Melt chocolate in microwave or on top of a double boiler until completely melted and smooth.
- Remove balls from fridge and dip bottom half only into the melted chocolate. Return to waxed paper lined sheet to dry. When done dipping all, drizzle remaining chocolate over the tops (I use a spoon). Allow to dry completely. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
- For Easter Eggs:
- Shape into egg shapes. Refrigerate about 1-2 hours. Dip into melted chocolate and decorate as desired.
- NOTE: Cooking time is actually the chilling time. This recipe will yield anywhere from 48-60 buckeyes and 20-30 Easter eggs, depending on size.
The Cookfoodygirl1979 Pittsburgh, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!