CHICKEN AND RICE CASSEROLE WITH LEMON AND PARMESANFrom choclytcandy 7 years ago
- The chicken and chicken jus in this recipe are from Pan-roasted chicken breasts with lemon Jus (related). shopping list
- INGREDIENTS shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 medium carrots , peeled and sliced thin shopping list
- 1 medium onion , minced shopping list
- 3 medium garlic cloves , minced or pressed through a garlic press (about 1 tablespoon) shopping list
- 1 cup long-grain white rice shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chicken pan jus (see note) shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- salt and ground black pepper shopping list
- 10 ounces cooked chicken , shredded (about 2 cups; see note) shopping list
- 8 ounces asparagus (about 1/2 bunch), tough ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch lengths shopping list
- 1 1/2 ounces grated parmesan cheese 3/4 cup shopping list
- 3 tablespoons juice from 1 lemon shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon leaves shopping list
- 25 Ritz crackers , crushed to coarse crumbs (about 1 cup) or 1 cup Crunchy bread Crumbs (see related recipe) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 400 degrees. Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until the foaming subsides. Add the carrots and onion and cook until lightly browned, about 6 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the rice and stir until evenly coated. Add the water, chicken jus, cream, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and bring to a simmer. Turn the heat to low, cover, and cook, stirring often, until the rice has absorbed most of the liquid and is just tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 3. Stir in the chicken, asparagus, Parmesan, lemon juice, and tarragon and season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour the mixture into an 8-inch-square baking dish and sprinkle the Ritz crumbs evenly over the top. Bake until the top is browned, about 10 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!