Sweet Egg SouffleFrom forwardp5 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Separate the egg whites and egg yolks. Make sure to place the egg whites in a non-plastic very clean bowl and also make sure that no egg yolk gets into it.
- In the bowl with the egg yolks, whisk in the sugar. Add a pinch of salt to the egg whites and beat until they are stiff, but not dry (you will know they are stiff when they hold their “peak” when you lift the beaters out of the mixture).
- Prepare the pan by placing on the stovetop over medium heat and placing the coconut oil in the pan. Allow the coconut oil to melt and heat until it hot (not smoking or too hot, just hot enough to set the souffle without browning it right away).
- While the pan is heating up, gently fold in the egg yolk mixture into the egg white mixture.
- When the pan is hot, add the egg mixture, spreading it evenly in the pan. Give the pan a few shakes to discourage sticking, and lower heat to low. Cover with the lid, greased on the bottom with a little coconut oil to discourage sticking.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid, and place in the middle of the oven and cook for another 3-5 minutes, or until it the top sets and has little spots of brown speckled on the surface.
- To serve, run a thin knife around the edge and turn out gently onto a platter.
- Top with desired topping (in this case applebutter), and serve right away.
The Cookforwardp5 Kimball, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!