Green Beans With Olives and CapersFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 medium garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 1 pound green beans ends snapped off shopping list
- 4 canned tomatoes chopped with enough packing juice added to equal 1 cup shopping list
- 8 large black olives pitted and chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon drained capers shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan then add garlic and sauté over medium heat about 1 minute.
- Add beans and stir to coat well with oil and garlic.
- Add tomatoes, olives and capers to pan and bring liquid to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low then cover pan and simmer 20 minutes stirring two or three times.
- Uncover and cook to evaporate any remaining tomato liquid about 2 minutes.
- Stir in basil, salt and pepper then serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!