Zoes veal marsalaFrom zoetheunicorn 4 years ago
- 1 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 veal steaks, lightly dusted with flour shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 spring onion or schallot, sliced shopping list
- 1 ½ cups sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1/3 cup marsala shopping list
- 1 cup beef stock shopping list
- sprig of rosemary shopping list
- sprig of parsley, chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp cornflour shopping list
How to make it
- - Heat a butter and oil in a frypan. Add the veal and cook for about a minute or so each side. Remove and set aside.
- - Add garlic and onion of chioce to the pan and cook until fragrant, then add mushrooms and saute until tender.
- - Add the marsala and simmer until it reduces by about half, then add the stock and herbs and simmer about 2 minutes.
- - Mix the cornflour with a little of the sauce, then add to the pan and continue to simmer until slightly thickened.
- - Return the veal to the pan, along with any of its juices, turning to coat.
- - Serve with mashed potatoes and vegetables.