Warm Roasted Peppers with Cannellini Beans and AnchoviesFrom canned_food_fan 3 years ago
- 6 canned anchovies packed in olive oil, drained (oil reserved), divided shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of reserved oil from anchovies shopping list
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar shopping list
- Pinch red pepper flakes shopping list
- 4 canned, roasted red bell peppers, quartered length-wise shopping list
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped, flat-leaf Italian parsley, divided shopping list
- juice of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- crusty bread (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preparation Time: Approximately 15 minutes
- Cook Time: Approximately 5 minutes
- Preheat a broiler.
- Chop four anchovies finely and mix with garlic, 1 tablespoon reserved anchovy oil, olive oil, vinegar and pepper flakes in a small saucepan. Brush a small amount of this mixture on the peppers and place in a single layer on a broiler tray, oiled side up. Broil until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the beans with the remaining anchovy dressing in the saucepan, and heat until warmed through, about 3 minutes over medium heat, stirring often. Toss in half the parsley.
- Mound beans on a serving platter. Arrange the peppers attractively on the bed of beans. Drizzle the lemon juice over top. Slice the remaining anchovies in paper-thin strips and scatter over the peppers along with the remaining parsley. Serve immediately with slices of crusty bread, if desired.
- Servings: 8
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 110; Total fat 6g; Saturated fat 1g; Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 230mg; Carbohydrate 10g; Fiber 3g; Protein 3g; Vitamin A 20%DV*; Vitamin C 50%DV; Calcium 2%DV; Iron 8%DV
- *Daily Value
The Cookcanned_food_fan Pittsburgh, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!