Caribbean Stir-Fried ShrimpFrom canned_food_fan 5 years ago
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided shopping list
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, drained, and patted dry shopping list
- 1 pound frozen, large shrimp, thawed, peeled and cleaned shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional) shopping list
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained shopping list
- 1/4 cup canned, diced mild green chilies shopping list
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce shopping list
- 3 cups hot cooked rice (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preparation Time: Approximately 5 minutes
- Cook Time: Approximately 8 minutes
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add half the oil and heat until smoking, about 10 seconds. Add the onion and stir-fry until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Add the pineapple and stir fry gently until pineapple browns lightly, about 1 minute. Move pineapple to a bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the pan. Add shrimp and stir-fry until opaque, about 1 minute. Add garlic and red pepper, if desired, and stir-fry for 10 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, chilies, and reserved pineapple and stir-fry until heated through, about
- 1 minute. Stir in soy sauce and serve over rice, if desired.
- Tip: We’ve kept the spiciness light (the canned chilies are mild) and the pinch of crushed pepper flakes is optional. If you want to add a little more heat, increase the pepper. Or for a completely family friendly version, eliminate the red pepper flakes, and your stir-fry will be as mild as a tropical breeze.
- Servings: 6
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 170; Total fat 3g; Saturated fat 0g; Cholesterol 115mg; Sodium 330mg; Carbohydrate 20g; Fiber 2g; Protein 16g; Vitamin A 6%DV*; Vitamin C 40%DV; Calcium 8%DV; Iron 15%DV
- *Daily Value
The Cookcanned_food_fan Pittsburgh, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!