Sweet Potato And Black Bean BurritoFrom hungrybear 4 years ago
- 5 cups peeled cubed sweet potatoes shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons canola or other vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups diced onions shopping list
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced or pressed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh green chile shopping list
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 4 teaspoons ground coriander shopping list
- 4 1/2 cups cooked black beans (three 15-ounce cans, drained) shopping list
- 2/3 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 8 eight-inch flour tortillas (I used whole wheat) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven 350°F
- Place the sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan with the salt and water to cover. Cover and bring to a boil, then simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, warm the oil in a medium skillet or saucepan and add the onions, garlic, and chile. Cover and cook on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the onions are tender, about 7 minutes. Add the cumin and coriander and cook for 2 to 3 minutes longer, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the black beans, cilantro, lemon juice, salt, and cooked sweet potatoes and puree until smooth. Or you can mash it with a potato masher. The texture will just be different. Transfer the sweet potato mixture to a large mixing bowl and mix in the cooked onions and spices.
- Lightly oil a large baking dish. Spoon about 2/3 to 3/4 cup of the filling in the center of each tortilla, roll it up, and place it, seam side down, in the baking dish. Cover tightly with foil and bake for about 30 minutes, until piping hot. Serve topped with fresh salsa.